Manuela Krach is a partner in the firm's London office and a member of the Asset and Corporate Finance practice group, concentrating her practice on aviation finance matters.
She regularly advises clients on complex cross-border and multi-jurisdictional aviation transactions and deals with numerous players in the industry: airlines, lessors, financiers and manufacturers. Manuela has extensive experience advising on operating as well as finance lease agreements, from lessee and lessor side, negotiating on behalf of her clients all aspects of a transaction including commercial details based on client’s needs and market experience. In addition, she guides them through all phases of complex aircraft acquisitions with manufacturers based in Europe and North America, starting from the negotiation of major aircraft purchase orders with leading manufacturers on behalf of airline clients and pre-delivery payment arrangements until actual aircraft delivery. This also includes sophisticated structures for sale and lease-back transactions and other structured financing solutions, such as Islamic finance structures, insurance-backed finance or private note issuances. Manuela also advises clients in the aviation sector on a wide range of commercial agreements involving for example aircraft conversions and licensing issues.
Manuela's well-proven track record includes recognition as a “Rising Star” by Airfinance Journal in 2016, listings as a “Rising Star” – Aviation in each annual edition of the Euromoney Expert Guides since then and most recently as recipient of Airline Economics 40 under 40 (Class 2021).
Prior to joining the firm, Manuela was an associate in the London office of an international law firm since 2011, where she was a member of the aviation finance department. In addition, she worked as associate in the restructuring and special situations practice group in the London office of a Silver Circle firm.
Manuela is dual-qualified, as solicitor in England and Wales and as “Rechtsanwältin” in Germany. She obtained a doctoral degree (Dr. iur.) at University of Trier with a dissertation on Mexican law.
- Airline Economics 40 under 40 (Class of 2021).
- Advised on Bank Loan Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal Global Awards (2020).
- Advised on Bank Loan Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal Global Awards (2019).
- Advised on Operating Lease Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal Global Awards (2019).
- Recognised as a “key lawyer” in Transport Finance and Leasing by The Legal 500 UK (2019-2021).
- Recognised as a Rising Star (UK) by Expert Guides: Aviation (2017 - 2021).
- Recognised as a Rising Star by Airfinance Journal (2016).
- Advised on PDP Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal (2014).
In October 2019, Manuela was a panelist at the Airline Economics Growth Frontiers Conference in Dubai, discussing “Legal Risks in Aviation Finance.”