Mark Dobbie has over 40 years experience as a litigator and has acted in some of the largest high profile litigation conducted in Australia, including multi party class actions and complex corporate litigation. He focuses on commercial litigation for corporate clients including matters in Victoria, interstate and overseas, concentrating mainly on major litigation involving trade practices, commercial and contracts, professional indemnity and directors and officers. Notably, Mark has acted as one of a select group of panel lawyers for the Victorian Legal Practitioners Liability Committee since 1992, defending barristers and solicitors in professional negligence claims and also acts for New South Wales LawCover.
Mark also represents corporations and their senior executives in Federal and State regulatory inquiries and investigations as well as in insurance coverage disputes in respect of professional indemnity, director and officer and third party liability issues. He is a qualified mediator and provides valuable commercial and strategic input which helps to deliver desired outcomes for his clients.
- Listed in the Who’s Who Legal for Insurance and Reinsurance in Australia (2023)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™, listed as 'Lawyer of the Year' for Insurance Law (2023)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Alternative Dispute Resolution (2012-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Class Action Litigation (2019-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Insurance Law (2019-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Litigation (2014-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Product Liability Litigation (2021-present)
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific, recognised for Regulatory Compliance and Investigations (2018-2020)
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific, recognised for Dispute Resolution (2018-2019)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyer – Victoria (2015-present)
- Australian Insurance Law Association member
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group member
- "D&O Liability Insurance: Issues for the Board", presented to the Australian Institute of Company Directors, June 2010
- "Directors and Officers Insurance – Auditors Entitled to Indemnity" Insurance Law Journal, August 1999