Melissa Malstrom is an associate at the firm’s Portland office. She is a member of the Environment, Land, and Natural Resources practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa served as an environmental associate attorney at the San Francisco office of a California law firm. Melissa acted as lead associate on wide range of federal and state environmental litigation, arbitration, and enforcement matters relating to environmental and groundwater contamination. Melissa also advised clients on federal and state hazardous waste enforcement and regulatory requirements, product labeling, EHS programming, sale of contaminated properties, and negotiated environmental indemnity agreements.
- Environmental Law Institute Emerging Leaders Initiative Member
- "The Future of California’s Clean Air Act Waiver," co-author, Daily Journal (December 16, 2020)
- "The Ongoing Saga of the Dakota Access Pipeline," Daily Journal (August 19, 2020)
- "California Leads Multistate Coalition Lawsuit Against Trump Administration," co-author, Daily Journal (June 15, 2020)
- "Supreme Court Grapples with What Constitutes “Lands in the National Park System,”" Daily Journal (March 2, 2020)
- "Revoking California’s Waiver is Contrary to Existing Law," co-author, Daily Journal (September 2019)