Michael Hawley, of the Charlotte office, works with business clients on a broad range of legal issues, including commercial contracting; transaction structuring and negotiation; tax matters and estate and succession planning. Many of those clients are active in the international markets.
Prior to his legal career, Mike was an investment officer at the lead bank of a Florida bank holding company and was a Visiting Assistant Professor of Tax Law at the University of Florida College of Law (1981-1982).
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, and Trusts and Estates, 2007-2022
- Selected to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list, Business/Corporate Law, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2006 and 2009
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Richard Vinroot International Achievement Award (2016)
- World Affairs Council of Charlotte (Director and Past Chair)
- Central Piedmont Community College (Trustee)
- Central Piedmont Community College Foundation (Director)
- Charlotte Regional Partnership (Past Director/Executive Committee)
- Charlotte Downtown Rotary Club (Past President/Director)
- Charlotte City Club (Past Director/President; Moderator of Global Thinkers Roundtable)
- Charlotte Foreign Trade Zone #57 (Past General Counsel)
- E4 Carolinas, Inc., Energy Hub Initiative (General Counsel)
- British American Business Council (Past President/Director)
- Phi Beta Delta International Scholars Honor Society (UNCC Chapter)
- The NC Zeitgeist Foundation (Director)
Mike is a regular moderator and speaker at professional and community forums, particularly on international topics.
- Going Global Segment 28: We Discuss the Remarkable Individuals in Charlotte Changing the Global Landscape, WBT Radio, 5 May 2015