Dr. Michael Melber is a partner in the firm’s Berlin office. Michael assists German and international companies of various industries in resolving large-scale commercial disputes before state courts, including mass proceedings, as well as before domestic and international arbitration tribunals. In addition to his role as party counsel, Michael acts as arbitrator.
Michael focuses on banking and finance disputes, post-M&A disputes, and product liability matters. In addition, he specializes in the representation of policy holders and insured persons in insurance coverage matters.
Michael has been a Specialist Lawyer for Banking and Capital Markets Law (Fachanwalt für Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht) since 2017.
Michael joined the firm as counsel in December 2016, and was named partner effective March 1, 2018. Prior to joining the firm, he worked at the Berlin, Frankfurt, and Stuttgart offices of three leading international law firms since 2003. Before he was admitted to the bar in 2003, Michael served as an assistant lecturer at the University of Constance.
- Specialist Lawyer for Banking and Capital Markets Law, 2017
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS)
- German-British Lawyers’ Association
- Association of German Lawyers (Deutscher Juristentag)
- Michael frequently gives lectures on domestic and international procedural law, on consumer law, on banking and capital markets law, as well as on arbitration.