Located in the heart of the city close to the famous Duomo di Milano, our Milan office was opened in 2012 as one of seven offices in continental Europe.
Recognized as a world fashion and design capital, Milan is also the Italian economic and financial center. It is the seat of the Italian stock exchange and a major center for financial services and business, including textiles, industrial tools, machinery, and publishing.
The lawyers in our Milan office work seamlessly across the firm’s global platform to provide advice to clients in complex business transactions, corporate restructuring, and commercial disputes, and to assist Italian clients in establishing businesses throughout the world. The distinctive features of our legal services are innovation and project management, combined with high partner involvement.
Our Milan full-service team focuses on all main subjects of business law. Our multidisciplinary team advises public and private companies, shareholders, and directors on a broad spectrum of issues, including corporate, real estate and town-planning, energy, investment funds, litigation and dispute resolution, tax, labor and employment, IP/IT, and public law. Our office represents a variety of clients, including leading multinational and Italian corporations, growth and middle-market companies in every major industry, investment banks, funds, financial investors, and family-owned and medium-sized Italian companies and also start-up and scale-up companies, in a wide and diversified range of corporate transactions.
- In 2020, the Europe Chambers guide recognized the firm among leaders in Italy in the areas of Corporate and M&A, Real Estate, Restructuring and Insolvency, and Tax.
- In 2020, the Global Chambers guide recognized the firm among leaders in Italy in the area of Corporate and M&A.
- In 2020, Legal 500 EMEA ranked the firm among leaders in Italy in the areas of Commercial and Corporate and M&A, Investment Funds, Real Estate and Construction, Restructuring and Insolvency, Energy, Employment, Banking and Finance (both Borrower and Lender side), and Tax.
- In 2020, MilanoFinanza issued its ranking through a paper edition for the most recognised Firm and Lawyers in Italy called “Legal Awards 2020”: K&L Gates Milan office was ranked as “Elite” in Investment Funds, “Best” in Real Estate, Commercial Law, Competition Law, Employment, Energy and Tax Financial and as “Selected” in Employment Litigation, Finance, M&A (both Mid market and Small cap), Private Equity, Project Finance, Public Law, Tax.
- In 2020, K&L Gates Milan office has been included by Il Sole 24Ore among the best law firms in Italy in 2020, with a special mention for Real Estate.
In 2020, TopLegal included K&L Gates Milan office in the “TopLegal 40 Index”, i.e. the index prepared by Top Legal, one of Italy’s two main legal magazines, to rank the first 40 firms “for higher density of excellence” in the Italian legal market.