Located in the heart of the city close to the famous Duomo di Milano, our Milan office was opened in 2012 as one of seven offices in continental Europe.
Recognized as a world fashion and design capital, Milan is also the Italian economic and financial center. It is the seat of the Italian stock exchange and a major center for financial services and business, including textiles, industrial tools, machinery, and publishing.
The lawyers in our Milan office work seamlessly across the firm’s global platform to provide advice to clients in complex business transactions, corporate restructuring, and commercial disputes, and to assist Italian clients in establishing businesses throughout the world. The distinctive features of our legal services are innovation and project management, combined with high partner involvement.
Our Milan full-service team focuses on all main subjects of business law. Our multidisciplinary team advises public and private companies, shareholders, and directors on a broad spectrum of issues, including corporate, real estate and town-planning, energy, investment funds, litigation and dispute resolution, tax, labor and employment, IP/IT, and public law. Our office represents a variety of clients, including leading multinational and Italian corporations, growth and middle-market companies in every major industry, investment banks, funds, financial investors, and family-owned and medium-sized Italian companies and also start-up and scale-up companies, in a wide and diversified range of corporate transactions.
- In 2020 and 2021, the Chambers & Partners Europe guide recognized our firm among leaders in Italy in the practice areas of Corporate and M&A and Real Estate.
- In 2020 and 2021, the Chambers & Partners Global guide recognized our firm among leaders in Italy in the practice area of Corporate and M&A.
- In 2020, Legal 500 EMEA ranked our firm among leaders in Italy in the practice areas of Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Investment Funds, Real Estate and Construction, Restructuring and Insolvency, Energy, Employment, Banking and Finance (both borrower and lender side), and Tax.
- In 2019, 2020, and 2021, Forbes Italia included K&L Gates Milan office in the “100 Professionals 2021,” selecting the best 100 companies in the legal and consulting sector.
- In 2020, MilanoFinanza issued its ranking through a paper edition for the most recognized firm and lawyers in Italy called “Legal Awards 2020.” K&L Gates Milan office was ranked as “Elite” in Investment Funds, “Best” in Real Estate, Commercial Law, Competition Law, Employment, Energy, and Tax Financial and as “Selected” in Employment Litigation, Finance, M&A (both mid market and small cap), Private Equity, Project Finance, Public Law, and Tax.
- In 2020, Il Sole 24Ore included K&L Gates Milan office among the best law firms in Italy, with a special mention for Real Estate and Litigation.
- In 2020, TopLegal included K&L Gates Milan office in the “TopLegal 40 Index”, i.e. the index prepared by Top Legal, one of Italy’s two main legal magazines, to rank the first 40 firms “for higher density of excellence” in the Italian legal market.