Mitchell Kim is a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office. He is a member of the complex commercial litigation and disputes practice group. His practice covers multiple facets of commercial law, but primarily focuses on disputes arising out of business activities including contract disputes, corporate ownership disputes, partnership disputes, conflict related to distribution of assets, and soft intellectual property (e.g., copyright and trademark) related disputes. He has tried a range of cases in bench and jury trials for Fortune 500 companies in various litigation matters.
Mitchell also serves as a general outside counsel for multiple private corporations that range in size and capacity. In addition, he volunteers through the Korean American Apparel Manufacturers Association to provide pro bono legal advice to fledgling businesses.
Prior to joining the firm, Mitchell served as a partner for an AmLaw 100 law firm, where he focused his practice on litigation, corporate, and labor and employment matters. He was a judicial extern for the Honorable Alan Honeycutt and the Honorable Andrew Kauffman, Los Angeles County Superior Court. He was also a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office V.I.P. program.
- Named to the "Super Lawyers Rising Stars" list for Business Litigation in California (2018-2020)
- Named among Pasadena Top Attorneys (2014-2019)
- Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association
- Alhambra Police Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Korean American Chamber of Commerce of Orange County
- Alhambra Chamber of Commerce
- The Importance of Training Owners, Managers, and Supervisors in Policies and Procedures Provided in Employee Handbooks -- “Secrets for Your Success,” hosted by Alhambra Chamber of Commerce (2017)
- "Facing Adversity: The Effects of Current Economic Downturn on the Garment Industry," Media Law Bulletin, September 2016 edition
- Economy Section of The Korea Times, regarding the effects of Love Letter’s bankruptcy on the garment industry, August 12, 2014