Nick Williams works across the restructuring and insolvency, investigations, enforcement and white collar, and commercial disputes and international arbitration practice groups.
He has experience advising and acting in, and where applicable instructing local for such purpose to appear and advise, in international commercial dispute resolution, international arbitration, corruption-related matters and internal corporate investigations, securities enforcement and receiverships, corporate restructuring and workouts, liquidations, and voluntary administrations across multiple jurisdictions.
His clients in the restructuring and insolvency practice include private and public companies, banks and financial institutions, insolvency accounting firms, and corporate creditors and debtors. Nick has been recognized by Global Restructuring Review’s ‘Names to Know in Singapore’ – a profile of the leading figures in Singapore’s restructuring and insolvency market.
In the investigations, enforcement and white collar space, Nick has experience in corruption-related matters and internal corporate investigations, including matters involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other international anti-corruption legislation. As part of this practice, he conducts investigations into alleged misconduct, as well as into prospective and existing foreign agents, commercial advisers, and business partners. Nick has been recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Investigations from 2018 to 2020.
His clients in the commercial disputes and international arbitration practice include private and public companies in the infrastructure, construction, shipping, marine insurance, and oil and gas industries.
Prior to his move to Singapore, Nick worked in the firm's Melbourne office.
Prior to joining the firm, Nick worked at a national Australian law firm, focusing on the areas of commercial disputes and corporate insolvency.
- Recognized by Asian Legal Business in its 2018 “40 under 40 Rankings”, which acknowledge and highlight the work of 40 outstanding legal professionals in the region who are under the age of 40.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association member
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- IWIRC member - Singapore chapter
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals member
Nick presents seminars and training sessions to clients on issues associated with international arbitration, international anti-corruption legislation, and corporate insolvency.
- “Know Your Agent”, Corporate Counsel Briefing, 17 May 2018.
- “Impact of Corruption on Underlying Commercial Contracts”, Innoxcell Annual Symposium, 28 June 2017.