Nidhi Narielwala is an associate in the firm’s Chicago office. She is a member of the privacy, data security, and technology transactions practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Nidhi served as an associate at an AMLaw 10 international law firm where she focused her practice on regulatory and transactional issues in information technology and outsourcing, including global privacy and data security regulation, and comprehensive privacy compliance programs. Additionally, Nidhi advised various healthcare clients on their HIPAA-compliance programs and assisted clients in various sectors, including entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, and consumer goods, with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) compliance programs. Nidhi also reviewed and revised various technology transactions agreements, including cloud computing software, autonomous software, and technology services agreements, and assisted with data privacy, technology, and intellectual property due diligence for M&A transactions.
Nidhi regularly counsels clients on a variety of matters related to technology licensing agreements and data privacy compliance programs. She uses her background in data analytics and software programming to advise clients on information technology vulnerabilities and develop policies and procedures to secure client data and comply with applicable laws. She also advises clients on GDPR and data transfer mechanisms between the European Union and the United States.
- Vice-Chair, Alumni Network Leadership Council, Public Interest Law Initiative
- Technology Officer, Executive Board Member, ACLU of Illinois’ Next Generation Society
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Post-Digital Era Reconciliation Between United States and European Union Privacy Law Enforcement, 17 Wash. U. Global Stud. L. Rev. 707, 2018
- Twitter Shines a Spotlight on Local Government Data Demands, ACLU Northern California, 27 November 2017