Petal Munroe Reddick is an associate in the Raleigh office and focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes, with an emphasis on financial services litigation, contract disputes, bankruptcy, and foreclosures. Her practice also encompasses employment law and business litigation matters.
Petal's experience includes representing banks, mortgage lenders, loan servicers, and other consumer financial services institutions, as well as corporate and individual clients in various litigation matters in federal and state courts. Petal's representations have included disputes arising under federal laws, including the Fair Housing Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Prior to joining K&L Gates as a summer associate in 2014 and subsequently as an attorney in 2015, Petal had a background in telecommunications, as she worked in a local ABC news affiliate in Orlando, Florida and a national multimedia broadcasting company in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- NCCU School of Law Legal Writing Scholar
- NCCU School of Law Michael F. Easley Award
- Regional Runner-Up for American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition
- Willie Gary 3L Trial Advocacy Competition - 3rd Place
- Kilpatrick Townsend 1L Mock Trial Competition - Semifinalist
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle
- Capital City Lawyers Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Minorities in the Profession Committee
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Triangle Black Corporate Attorneys Network
- Wake County Bar Association
- UNC Women in Law Private Sector Roundtable Discussion, November 5, 2019, Speaker
- UNC School of Law Pro Bono Program, K&L Gates presents For the Public Good: Incorporating Pro Bono into Your Law Practice, February 12, 2019, Speaker
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Minorities in the Profession Committee, 3rd Annual Minority Pre-Law Conference: Putting the Pieces Together - Is Law School the Right Fit?, March 18, 2017, Moderator
- Social Media 101: Understanding the Basics of Key Social Media Tools and How Clients Use Social Media to Enhance Business, October 19, 2016, Speaker
- North Carolina Bankruptcy Practice Manual, Eighth Edition (2017), Chapter XXIV - Ancillary and Other Cross-Border Cases, Co-Author
- Petal Munroe, A Family Tradition, Of Counsel, Spring 2014, at 3.