Raleigh Shoemaker focuses his practice in the areas of employee benefits, executive compensation, taxation, estate planning and business law. In connection with his work advising clients in connection with employee benefits, Raleigh advises clients with respect to all types of “qualified” and “non-qualified” employee benefit plans, including qualified defined contribution plans (401(k) and profit-sharing plans), qualified defined benefit plans (traditional and cash balance), and non-qualified plans, including deferred compensation plans and supplemental executive retirement plans.
In connection with his work advising clients in connection with compensation matters, he advises clients with respect to the design of incentive compensation arrangements of all types, including the requirements applicable to financial services companies with respect to the design and delivery of incentive compensation awards under the regulatory framework applicable to such awards. Raleigh also advises clients regarding the design of executive employment arrangements and equity award plans.
He also advises clients on all aspects of estate planning and advises fiduciary clients in connection with probate and related estate administration matters related to decedent’s estates and trusts, including the preparation and filing of estate tax returns.
- Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law, 2001-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010 Lawyer of the Year, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law - Charlotte
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits Law, 2007-2008
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite, 2006
- Southern Employee Benefits Conference, Former President
- Charlotte City Club (Former President)
- Selwyn Avenue Presbyterian Church - Elder, Deacon and Stewardship Leader
- Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy - Participant in Access to Justice Campaign and Volunteer assisting with health care enrollment under the Affordable Care Act