Rebecca Kennedy is an associate at the firm’s Pittsburgh office. She has experience working on litigation matters involving breach of contract actions, title disputes, oil and gas lease disputes, business torts, and royalty payment class actions. She has also gained experience through assisting in a prisoners rights case in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kennedy served as an attorney for an independent natural gas production company where she focused her practice on oil and gas title related matters. Ms. Kennedy created and recorded oil and gas drilling units to ensure compliance with current rules, regulations and contractual obligations in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. She also executed the pre-drilling title clearing process for wells in Pennsylvania. In addition, she managed due diligence for business deals, trades and acquisitions. Ms. Kennedy also led comprehensive review to identify potential laterals extensions and possible land acquisitions.
- Journal of Law Technology and Policy, Articles Editor 2014-2015
- 1st Place in Murray S. Love Trial Moot Court Competition 2014
- 1st Place in Murray S. Love Trial Moot Court Competition 2015
- Regional Semifinalist, ABA Labor and Employment Law Trial Advocacy Competition 2015
- American Association of Blacks in Energy, Interim Officer and Scholarship Committee 2015-2018
- EQT Multi-Ethnic Resource Group, Vice President 2018-2019
- Energy Mineral Law Foundation, Young Lawyers Committee 2017-Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association Asylum Project, Volunteer 2019-Present
- Benevine, Board Member 2016-2018
- Third Circuit Sides With Sister Circuits and Adopts Clear-statement Rules for Ambiguous Dismissal Orders, Bar Association for the Third Federal Circuit, On Appeal, May 2020 − Volume XIV, Number 2
- Crossing the Line: Selective Licensing of Liquefied Natural Gas Exportation Facilities is Unconstitutional, 14 U.Pitt. J. Tech. L. & Pol’y 128.