Shabana Baksh is an associate at the firm’s New York office. She is a member of the real estate practice group.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Shabana was a real estate associate at an international corporate law firm where she focused her practice on representing lenders and borrowers in a broad range of commercial real estate finance transactions, including the origination, refinancing, modification, purchase, and securitization of mortgage and mezzanine loans for single and multi-property transactions. She also has experience representing investment funds, developers and private users in acquiring, constructing, financing and developing commercial property.
- Vital Voices Global Partnership, Young Leaders Council of New York (Co-Chair)
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- South Asian Bar Association of New York, Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Success in Law School Mentoring Program 2020-2021, Mentor
- Speaker, “Understanding the Rental Eviction Crisis,” Cheddar Business (2020)
- We Can Work It Out – A Pre-Negotiation Letter Agreement Primer, ABA RPTE eReport 2020 Fall Issue, 4 December 2020
- The Revival of the New York Pied-à-Terre Tax, New York Law Journal, 15 October 2020
- Tips For Prenegotiation Letter Agreements In Loan Workouts, Law360, 19 June 2020
- “Looming Rental Eviction in U.S. Could Deepen Economic Fallout from Coronavirus Pandemic” Lending Tree (Media Mention), August 2020