Susanna Fuchsbrunner is a partner in the firm’s Frankfurt office with a focus in advising on national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions, including private equity, management buyouts/management buy-ins, management participation programs, and venture capital. She further focuses on structuring complex restructurings (mergers and spinoffs), reorganizations, and corporate actions.
Susanna graduated from Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich, Germany, and Fordham University School of Law in New York, obtaining a master’s degree (LL.M.) in banking, corporate, and finance. She is also a graduate of Freie University Hagen, Germany, with a master’s degree in business administration. She is dually qualified and licensed to practice law in Germany as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwältin) and in the United States as an attorney-at-law in the state of New York. She started her career at a leading U.S. law firm in New York and worked for prestigious UK and German law firms thereafter.
Susanna is actively involved and has held leading positions with the American Bar Association (ABA) and the International Bar Association (IBA). Her responsibilities at the ABA and IBA also allow her to be a frequent speaker on cross-border legal issues.
In addition, since 2015, Susanna has been serving on the board of directors for the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) – Chapter Germany, the leading global community for M&A and private equity professionals dedicated to promote corporate growth. In 2016, she was elected to serve as the president of the Germany chapter.
- ACG/Association for Corporate Growth – Chapter Germany
A thought leader on corporate and transactional topics, Susanna is a regular speaker on these topics.
- Corporate Governance, IBA conference, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, December 2018
- Private Equity Exchange & Awards, Paris, France, November 2018
- Legal aspects of autonomous driving, Mondial Tech, Paris, France, October 2018
- Evaluating Distressed M&A Opportunities in Europe, ACG Eurogrowth, London, United Kingdom, June 2018
- Selected legal aspects of cross-border distressed M&A Transactions, in-house M&A conference, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, May 2018
- Private Equity Exchange & Awards, Paris, France, November 2017
- Growing Impact of Chinese investors, ACG Eurogrowth, November 2017, London, United Kingdom
- Legal issues of cross-border M&A transactions, in-house M&A conference, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, May 2017
- Success Factors for German-French M&A Transactions, ACG Germany, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, April 2017