An Update Following the UK General Election
To listen to the recording, please click here.
In the wake of the UK general election and the imminent start of Brexit negotiations, K&L Gates hosted the seventh in its series of Brexit Q&A calls.
Partners from K&L Gates' European offices addressed issues including the current political climate in the UK and across Europe following the UK General Election, the single market and customs, passporting, financial services and commercial contracts.
Primary areas covered in the recording of this discussion include:
- An update on the political situation and how this might play out in London and in Brussels
- Whether or not Brexit will now actually happen
- The different potential Brexit scenarios including leaving vs. remaining in the customs union and the single market
- How organisations can ensure commercial contracts will remain robust following Brexit
- Particular considerations for the banking and financial services sector
We invite you to send questions to our multidisciplinary Brexit European Advisory Group on any issues that may be unclear or causing concern.
K&L Gates Brexit European Advisory Group
For more information about our Brexit European Advisory Group or our 24-hour hotline, please click here.
Piers Coleman,Chair and Moderator, Public Affairs Partner
Clarissa Coleman, Disputes Partner, London
Jacob Ghanty, Financial Services Partner
Ignasi Guardans, Public Policy Partner
Martin Lane, Corporate Partner and Head of the Brexit European Advisory Group