Anisha A. Mehta concentrates her practice in the area of intellectual property law. She is experienced in trademark clearance, prosecution, portfolio management, enforcement, domain name disputes and litigation.
Anisha represents clients ranging from multi-national to start-up companies in a variety of industries. She regularly advises clients on global brand portfolios and filing strategies as well as protection and enforcement of trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights. She also performs trademark and copyright clearance and registration. Anisha has represented clients in a number of opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board as well as federal court litigation in a range of areas, including trademark, trade dress, unfair competition, trade secret, design patent and copyright matters. Anisha has also handled Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings before the National Arbitration Forum and the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Prior to joining the firm, Anisha served as an associate for a leading law firm where she has conducted trademark prosecution and clearance on behalf of various clients, managed and maintained global trademark portfolios, and represented clients in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also represented clients in district court litigation and UDRP proceedings.
- International Trademark Association, Public & Media Relations Committee
- The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago, Chair of Advertising & Internet Committee
- Chicago Women in IP, Professional Development Committee
- The Significance of Third-Party Marks in a Post-Juice Generation, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (March 7, 2018).
- The Thirty-Third Annual John Marshall Law School International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology and Privacy Law: Bench Memorandum, 31 J. MARSHALL J. INFO. TECH. & PRIVACY L. 237 (2015).
- “Bring Your Own Glass”: The Privacy Implications of Google Glass in the Workplace, 30 J. MARSHALL J. INFO. TECH. & PRIVACY L. 607 (2014).