Caitlin Blanche's practice primarily focuses on class action and product liability litigation, representing manufacturers and distributors of food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, and various consumer and industrial products facing false advertising, unfair competition, or personal injury claims. Caitlin also regularly handles complex business litigation across varying industries in breach of contract, trade secret, interference, and defamation litigation. She also spends considerable time counseling clients on best practices for avoiding litigation, specifically with regard to product labeling, vendor contracts including indemnification provisions, sales and marketing practices and other consumer-facing communications including social media. Caitlin also advises on compliance with state and federal statutes posing litigation risk, including Proposition 65, the California Transparency in Supply Chain Act, and “Made in U.S.A.” provisions under the Consumer Legal Remedies Act. Caitlin is a member of the firm’s Global Ethical Supply Chain task force, helping companies identify and manage the risk of human trafficking and slave labor in the supply chain, including compliance with existing and upcoming legislation worldwide.
Caitlin is experienced in public speaking for both large and small audiences and has given presentations on various aspects of litigation risk, including the dangers of email and ways to harmonize your company's internal and external communications across multiple departments, including presentations in the form of mock depositions or trial segments.
Caitlin also serves as her office’s pro bono coordinator and is active in pro bono work, including for K&L Gates’ Cyber Civil Rights Legal Project, and in collaboration with the California Innocence Project.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Caitlin was an associate at a Costa Mesa law firm. She has experience representing manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, motor vehicles, propane equipment, and theme park attractions.
- Caitlin Blanche was recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer (Rising Star) in 2016 and 2017.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, OCTANe
- Business Advisory Board Member, Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center
- “Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking in the Supply Chain: Issues Affecting Your Business,” Moderator, CLE program, Pittsburgh’s Partnership Center, 20 August 2019
- “How the Civil Rules Advisory Committee and Northern District of California Judges Are Modernizing Class Action Settlement Approval,” Panel member, CLE Program, Bar Association of San Francisco, 10 June 2019
- “Generic Drug Buyer Beware: Proposed Legislation and Its Potential Impact on the Industry,” Co-Author, Pending Publication, OCBJ
- “New Angles for Potential Manufacturer Liability Stemming from Pharmaceutical Counterfeiting,” Co-Author, DRI For the Defense (October 2011)
- “The New War on Drugs: Manufacturers vs. counterfeiters and the rise of the anti-counterfeiting technology industry,” Co-Author, Orange County Business Journal (May 2011)
- “Pharmaceutical Counterfeiting: The Effect of Technology, Regulation, and Legislation on Manufacturer Liability,” Author, American Bar Association's Mass Torts, Vol. 8, No. 2 (Winter 2010)
- “Pharmaceutical Counterfeiting: How the Changing Landscape of Technology, Legislation and Regulation Could Affect Manufacturer Liability,” Co-Author, Defense Research Institute Seminar on Drug and Medical Devices (May 2009)