Danielle Corden is a special counsel in the commercial litigation and dispute resolution practice with a focus in the areas of insurance litigation and medical negligence. Danielle has extensive experience in medical negligence claims across all jurisdictions, acting for public hospitals, rural doctors, community health services, ambulance services, the State of Victoria and the Department of Human Services in defence of civil litigation and at Coronial Inquests.
Danielle has acted for public hospitals and other organisations in historical forced adoption claims and historical institutional abuse claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Danielle spent over three years at Australia's largest medical defence organisation defending doctors in complex civil litigation matters. Prior to this she worked in Western Australian at a boutique firm and global law firm representing a range of national and international clients on medical disputes ranging from straightforward claims to more complex multi-party disputes.
Danielle currently serves as a Human Research Ethics Committee (Legal) Member at The Royal Women's Hospital and the Royal Children's Hospital.
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia: Ones to Watch™ for Litigation (2023) and Medical Negligence (2023-present)
- Royal Children's Hospital HREC, Legal Member, 2016 - present
- Royal Women's Hospital HREC, Legal Member, 2016 - present
- Peter MacCallum HREC, Legal Member, 2016 – 2017
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Victorian Women Lawyers