Mei Gong advises clients on all aspects of competition law and consumer law.
Mei adopts a proactive, focused and client oriented approach to her work. She is passionate about achieving optimal and timely commercial outcomes for clients and assisting them with navigating regulatory barriers, and in particular, matters involving the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Mei has experience advising clients on:
- merger clearance
- cartel investigations
- consumer guarantees and warranties; and
- compliance with safety standards, including conducting recalls.
Mei has also advised on proceedings commenced by the ACCC in respect of some of the above issues.
In addition, Mei has coordinated and completed various compliance reviews for ACCC Compliance Programs and prepared risk assessment reports to evaluate Competition and Consumer Law risks within different organisations (including industry associations).
- Member of the K&L Gates Women in Profession Committee
- Member of the K&L Gates Young Professionals Network
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Member of the Asian Australian Lawyers Association
- Anti-trust in a Time of Global Crisis: An Australia Perspective, Australian Law Council's Annual Competition and Consumer Law Workshop, November 2020
- Taking Security over Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters Practical Law Practice Notes, 2018