Mei is a proactive, laser focused and client orientated problem finder and problem solver. She is also a self-driven challenger, meaning that she will always go 'above and beyond' and assess commercial issues from various perspectives to ensure that she can recommend the most effective and innovative options to her clients.
Mei advises clients on all aspects of competition law and consumer law in Australia and New Zealand. She is passionate about achieving optimal and timely commercial outcomes for clients and assisting them with navigating regulatory barriers, and in particular, matters involving the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and the New Zealand Commerce Commission (NZCC).
Mei has experience advising international, large and small domestic corporate clients on a variety of regulatory matters. This includes assisting with merger clearances across a variety of industries including plastics and glass recycling, water filtration, legal and medical technology software and cold chain supply logistics. Mei has also assisted clients in ACCC cartel investigations in the bank and pharmaceutical industries, and ACCC cartel proceedings, including representing immunity applicants and derivative immunity applicants in the steel and banking industries. In addition, she has experience advising on authorisations and notifications for cartel and resale price maintenance conduct in Australia and New Zealand as well as other complex Australian Consumer Law issues including interactions between different regulatory regimes, risk assessment of distribution models and rebate programs (including having regard to consumer guarantees obligations). In addition, Mei has extensive experience in conducting Australian Consumer Law and Competition Law compliance program audits, as well as preparing competition and consumer law compliance training slides.
- Lawyers Weekly, finalist in the 30 Under 30 Awards for Competition, Trade and Regulation (2021)
- Young Citizen of the Year for the Parramatta City Council Area, NSW (2015)
- Youngest member of the K&L Gates Women in Profession Committee
- Member of the K&L Gates legal innovation initiative, Visual Communication of Legal Advice (VICOLA) 2.0;
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Member of the Foreign Qualified Lawyers Subcommittee, part of the Asian Australian Lawyers Association
- Member of the Competition Law Discussion Group (convened by Chris Hodgekiss SC)
- Mentor in the UNSW Career Discovery Mentoring Program (2021)
- "An offer you can’t refuse: big changes coming to the Unfair Contract Terms regime," Law Society Journal, 8 April 2022
- Enduring implications for competition law issues in the modern data economy: Lessons from Re ASX Operations Pty Ltd and Pont Data Australia Pty Ltd, Australian Journal of Competition and Consumer Law (Volume 29), 2021
- Anti-trust in a Time of Global Crisis: An Australia Perspective, Australian Law Council's Annual Competition and Consumer Law Workshop, November 2020
- Be Curious, Be Patient and Enjoy the Journey - My Learnings as a Junior Lawyer at K&L Gates, GradAustralia, May 2020
- Taking Security over Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters Practical Law Practice Notes, 2018
- Mentioned, "Visy completes landmark glass packaging acquisition," Lawyers Weekly, August 2021
- Mentioned, "ACCC greenlights pharmaceutical collaboration during COVID-19," Lawyers Weekly, April 2020
- Mentioned, "K&L Gates assists in GlobalX merger," Lawyers Weekly, June 2021
- Mentioned, "Dye & Durham’s AU$170 Million Acquisition of GlobalX," Global Legal Chronicle, June 2021