Mei Gong is a proactive, laser focused and client orientated problem finder and problem solver. Mei is also a self-driven challenger, meaning that she will always go 'above and beyond' and assess commercial issues from various perspectives to ensure that she can recommend the most effective and innovative options to her clients.
She advises clients on all aspects of competition law and consumer law in Australia and New Zealand.
Mei is passionate about achieving optimal and timely commercial outcomes for clients and assisting them with navigating regulatory barriers, and in particular, matters involving the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and the New Zealand Commerce Commission (NZCC).
- Finalist, Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30, Competition, Trade and Regulation, 2021
- Young Citizen of the Year for the Parramatta City Council Area, NSW, 2015
- Youngest member of the K&L Gates Women in Profession Committee
- Member of the K&L Gates legal innovation initiative, Visual Communication of Legal Advice (VICOLA) 2.0;
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Member of the Foreign Qualified Lawyers Subcommittee, part of the Asian Australian Lawyers Association
- Member of the Competition Law Discussion Group (convened by Chris Hodgekiss SC)
- Mentor in the UNSW Career Discovery Mentoring Program (2021)
- Enduring implications for competition law issues in the modern data economy: Lessons from Re ASX Operations Pty Ltd and Pont Data Australia Pty Ltd, Australian Journal of Competition and Consumer Law (Volume 29), 2021
- Anti-trust in a Time of Global Crisis: An Australia Perspective, Australian Law Council's Annual Competition and Consumer Law Workshop, November 2020
- Be Curious, Be Patient and Enjoy the Journey - My Learnings as a Junior Lawyer at K&L Gates, GradAustralia, May 2020
- Taking Security over Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters Practical Law Practice Notes, 2018
- Mentioned, "Visy completes landmark glass packaging acquisition," Lawyers Weekly, August 2021
- Mentioned, "ACCC greenlights pharmaceutical collaboration during COVID-19," Lawyers Weekly, April 2020
- Mentioned, "K&L Gates assists in GlobalX merger," Lawyers Weekly, June 2021
- Mentioned, "Dye & Durham’s AU$170 Million Acquisition of GlobalX," Global Legal Chronicle, June 2021