Located in the capital of resource-rich Western Australia, our Perth office supports local and national clients, as well as a growing number of international clients.
Our corporate team supports clients with transformational mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, and governance in the mining, oil and gas, agribusiness, and startup industries.
In addition to servicing the construction, mining, and oil and gas industries as well as the large labour forces those companies supervise, our lawyers advise a broad range of owners, developers, and investors on their acquisitions and disposals, subdivisions, leasing, due diligence, agricultural, and aged care matters.
Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution teams have knowledge in a number of sectors, including mining, oil and gas, sports, and insolvency. We have handled some of Perth’s most complex and significant litigations, coronial inquests, and regulatory investigations.
Located in the same time zone as 60% of the world’s population, our lawyers are ideally placed to support the extraordinary levels of inbound investment into the resources, agribusiness, and property investment sectors in Australia. We also support companies with their projects and outbound investment into locations such as Africa, Asia, Canada, and South America.
- K&L Gates was one of 15 Australian firms named to the Australasian Lawyer’s 2020 Innovative Law Firms list, recognising firms at the forefront of innovation. K&L Gates was noted for its use of visual communication, client portals, and artificial intelligence, among other areas.
- The 2021 Asia-Pacific Chambers Guide recognises the firm as a leader in Australia in the areas of Competition/Antitrust; Construction; Dispute Resolution; Employment: Victoria; Financial Services Regulation; Intellectual Property; Investment Funds; Real Estate; Restructuring/Insolvency; Sports Law; and Tax.
- The 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide recognises the firm as a leader in Australia in the areas of Banking and Finance; Competition and Trade; Construction; Corporate and M&A; Dispute Resolution – Litigation; Environment and Planning; Financial Services Regulatory; IT and Telecoms; Intellectual Property; Labour and Employment; Project Development; Real Estate; Restructuring and Insolvency; and Tax.
- Five lawyers in our Perth office are named among the 2021 Best Lawyers in Australia™.
- The 2021 Chambers Fintech Guide recognises the firm as a leader in Australia for FinTech Legal.