Shared Services Supervisor
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a Shared Services Supervisor to join the Pittsburgh office. Under general management of the Manager of Global Shared Business Services, the Shared Services Supervisor supervises, motivates, provides training and guidance to assigned team of Shared Services Generalists, Specialists, organizing and leading team activities related to operating the Global Shared Business Services department. Ensures timely, accurate and responsive support on a variety of legal services, products, and programs . Exercises initiative and independent judgment while solving complex client issues. Ensures a high level of service to achieve exceptional client satisfaction and promote the growth and retention of internal and external client base. The Shared Services Supervisor works closely with other department supervisors to ensure exceptional client service is maintained at all times in a 24x7x365 environment. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
Manager of Global Shared Business Services, direct reports, department peers, attorneys, paralegals and staff members
• Responsible for day-to-day oversight of a team of Shared Services Specialists and Generalists to ensure exceptional service skills and techniques are being used to service clients. Allocates and monitors daily workflow.
• Responsible for the recruiting and hiring of Shared Services Specialists and Generalists and monitors training and continuing education of assigned employees to ensure capability building to support a broad spectrum of client services. Makes recommendations on exceptional client-focused candidates and provides feedback to Recruiter and Manager of Global Shared Business Services.
• Conducts regular follow-up meetings with employees, and provides on-going performance feedback from continuous staff evaluation and monitoring. Recommends and/or initiates disciplinary, developmental, and personnel actions, i.e. promotions, transfers, salary increases, etc.
• Analyzes data to understand, plan and implement interactive and appropriate coaching sessions for Shared Services Specialists and Generalists. Coaches to the behaviors versus the numbers.
• Encourages and promotes initiative and risk taking of staff through coaching and monitoring sessions.
• Resolves complex client concerns through appropriate levels within the firm. Acts as a liaison to other departments to facilitate the resolution of client inquiries or complaints.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by Manager of Global Shared Business Services or may participate on special projects as needed
EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
• Significant relevant experience in a business environment
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience coaching others to successfully complete assigned work tasks
• Demonstrated ability to meet obligations with confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
• Must possess the ability to deliver on high quality service to our internal clients
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Perform a combination of sedentary, walking and standing activities; including bending, stooping and reaching
• Operate a personal computer and other office equipment such as a telephone and printer and other office equipment as necessary
• Ability to be available by phone or remote access if issues arise when not in the office
• This job operates in an office setting and is largely sedentary, requiring the routine use of a computer and other standard office equipment. The ability to open file cabinets, lift files, bend and stand on a stool may also be required.
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
To learn what makes us different from other law firms, including our collaborative approach, entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to diversity, check out our video, “Grow Your Career at K&L Gates.”
If you agree that we are different from other law firms - and the right place for you to grow your career - please apply for this position. For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.