Alan Maclean is a leading Melbourne banking and finance lawyer with more than 25 years' experience. He has worked on two Euromoney finance deals of the year and acted for the financiers in some of Melbourne's landmark developments, including the Queen Victoria and Eureka Tower developments.
Alan regularly acts for banks and non-bank lenders, corporate borrowers and sponsors in a wide variety of finance transactions. His experience encompasses property finance, corporate finance, asset finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, project and infrastructure finance, and insolvency and restructuring.
He has been recognised in Best Lawyers (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) for Project Finance and Development Practice, Asset Finance Law, Banking and Finance Law, Derivatives, Equipment Finance Law and Financial Institutions and in Doyle's Guide (2015, 2018) as a Leading Banking & Finance Lawyer.
Prior to joining the firm, Alan was a banking partner at a global top tier law firm for 16 years and then assisted a national commercial law firm establish its banking and finance practice in Melbourne and nationally.
- Best Lawyers in Australia, named 'Lawyer of the Year' for Derivatives (2022)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised for Banking and Finance in Melbourne (2015, 2016 and 2018)
- Best Lawyers, recognised for Asset Finance Law, Banking and Finance Law, Derivatives, Equipment Finance Law, Financial Institutions, and Project Finance and Development Practice (2013-present)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Council of Australia
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association
- Melbourne University Law School- Advisory Board for the Masters Banking and Finance Program
- Chair of the Committee of Management - Monash Gallery of Art