Amanda Cashman is a counsel in the firm's Pittsburgh office. She currently focuses her practice in commercial litigation, concentrating on matters related to oil and natural gas, and in internal investigations. Amanda’s oil and natural gas practice includes both civil and administrative litigation involving disputes related to lease terms, the calculation of royalties, surface-use disputes, and water-pollution allegations, as well as the representation of clients in crisis management situations. She also represents oil and natural gas clients in matters related to land use and local regulation.
Amanda’s commercial litigation practice also includes the representation of clients' interests in breach of contract and insurance coverage issues. Amanda has also represented health care providers in disputes with insurers related to the application of reimbursement rates and federal sequestration laws.
Amanda’s internal investigation practice encompasses a variety of enforcement actions by federal and state agencies and the response to sensitive whistleblower allegation.
Amanda was a summer associate at K&L Gates in 2008.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2022
- United Way's Be a 6th Grade Mentor
- Coordinator, K&L Gates Public Interest Fellowship Program (2016 - present)
- “What You Don’t Know Can’t Hurt You, Right? Ethical Considerations in Internal Investigations,” K&L Gates GC University, November 14, 2018.
- “Local Regulation Testing the Bounds of Preemption In Appalachia,” In-House Counsel Presentation, October 16, 2017.
- “Litigation and Regulatory Considerations,” Energy Industry Training Series: Oil and Gas Economics/Investing (A Practical Primer), Pittsburgh, August 29, 2013
- Co-author, “Survey of Pennsylvania Privacy and Related Claims Against the Media,” MLRC 50-State Survey: Media Privacy and Related Law, updated and published each year from 2001 to the present.
- Prosecutors are Permitted to Display Admissible Weapons to Juries During Opening Statements in Pennsylvania: Commonwealth v. Parker. 46 Duq. L. Rev. 679 (2008).