Andrew Gaffney has extensive experience in advising corporate clients on capital markets including initial public offerings (IPOs) on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), other capital raisings for listed companies and takeovers/mergers. He also advises on private equity transactions for unlisted companies (including mergers and acquisitions, private capital raisings, venture and seed capital, other hybrid security arrangements and shareholder agreements), as well as compliance and regulatory issues under the Australian Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules.
He has a practical knowledge of international and local considerations in international cross border transactions having also practiced law in London for a number of years. In his practice, Andrew advises many clients in the technology and life sciences sectors (including start up and established technology / biotechnology companies).
Andrew's qualifications as an accountant complement his depth of experience in a wide range of large commercial transactions for private equity investors and also in the public equity markets. This allows him to work closely with equity capital markets clients and help shape their strategic plans for growth and success.
- "Takeover strategies" presented at Bioshares Summit 2010 and 2012
- "Takeovers in biotechnology" presented at AusBiotech National Conference 2010
- "New Draft ASX Listing Rule Guidance Note on Continuous Disclosure" CCH Australian Corporate, Company and Securities Law Tracker, October 12, 2012
- "Cross Border Capital Raisings" Bioshares, August 26, 2011
- "Deel to Acquire PayGroupB," MarketLine Financial Deals Tracker, 25 June 2022