Anna Shabalov is an associate in the firm’s Pittsburgh office. Ms. Shabalov concentrates her practice on intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark and copyright infringement, unfair competition, false advertising, and trade secret misappropriation. She has been involved with various aspects of litigation, including preliminary injunction briefing, fact and expert discovery, depositions, summary judgment, trial preparation, settlement, and appeal. Ms. Shabalov has litigated cases in state courts and in federal district and circuit courts, and has experience with litigation in the European Union.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Shabalov also counsels clients on licensing, non-competition agreements, copyright registration, and trademark clearance, registration, maintenance, and prosecution issues. She also litigates trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Ms. Shabalov has represented clients in the entertainment, music, education, software, industrial, consumer goods and non-profit sectors.
Ms. Shabalov’s pro bono practice includes intellectual property counseling and Section 1983 cases. She also is on the Board of Managers for the Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association (PIPLA) and an active member of the Q. Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property American Inn of Court.
- Board of Managers, Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association (PIPLA)
- Associate, Intellectual Property Inn of Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Board of Directors, Family Promise of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. Leadership Development Initiative Class of XXVII
- K&L Gates GC University: Ethical Engagements, November 2018
- Protecting Yourself and Your Work: Legal Considerations for Filmmakers, 3 Rivers Screenwriters Conference, May 2017
- “The Expert in Defamation Cases” Chapter, Expert Witness Answer Book; Practising Law Institute; 2019
- "Security Firm Granted Response Deadline Extension In False Advertising Lawsuit," Mealey's IP/Tech, 8 December 2020