Artoush Varshosaz is a partner in the Dallas office of K&L Gates. He advises large and middle market companies and non-profit organizations to minimize legal risk arising from threatened or pending litigation. Artoush is an experienced litigator with a concentration on complex commercial disputes, internal investigations on behalf of boards and board committees, and financial services litigation. He has significant experience with state and federal law actions related to fiduciary duties, fraud, commercial contracts, negligence, and violation of various state and federal regulatory statutes. Artoush also has significant experience with class action defense, alternative dispute resolution, and bankruptcy-related actions, such as fraudulent transfers and preferences. He is both a balanced advisor in the boardroom and zealous advocate in the courtroom.
Artoush represents a multitude of clients, including Fortune 50 companies, non-profit organizations, boards of directors, special investigatory committees, startups, financial institutions, health care providers and pharmacies, retailers, entrepreneurs, family offices, residential and commercial property owners and operators, and high wealth individuals in complex disputes in federal, state, and bankruptcy court all over the country.
Prior to joining the firm, Artoush was an associate at another international law firm.
- Top 100 Up-And-Coming Attorneys in Texas, Super Lawyers, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Texas Rising Star (top 2%), Super Lawyers, 2014-2021
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas (top 0.5%), D Magazine, 2018, 2019, 2022
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017-2020, 2022
- Nation’s Best, Lawyers of Color 2020 Edition
- Certification in Legal Project Management
- University of Oklahoma, College of Law - Young Alumni Board Member
- Dallas Urban Debate Alliance - Board Member
- South Asian Bar Association, Dallas Chapter - Board Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar and Minority Bar Association
- The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court - alumnus
- Inductee to the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- The Fundamentals of Litigation Funding, 14 April 2022
- What Every In-House Lawyer Needs to Know to Keep the Attorney-Client Privilege, 10 April 2020
- Board Governance 101, 11 June 2019
- Applicability of Force Majeure Clauses in the United States, K&L Gates Publication, March 2020
- “New Spate of Class Action Lawsuits, an update on Texas Water Code class actions,” TAA Newsletter (co-contributor with T. Schroeter and G. Sapire), 5 August 2015
- Standing to File an Involuntary Petition, materials presented to firmwide audience, 11 September 2014
- “Estate and Derivative Litigation: Gold Mine or Shaft?”, 26th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Austin November 2009 (co-authored with Judith Ross)