Benay Lizarazu is a finance partner in the firm’s Charlotte office. Benay has extensive experience representing insurance companies, other institutional investors, banks, private equity sponsors and public and private corporate borrowers as lenders or borrowers in a broad range of middle market debt finance transactions, including leveraged acquisition financings, fund financings, corporate borrowings, loan workouts and restructurings. Her experience includes the structuring, negotiation and documentation of a variety of complex debt instruments, including senior secured, second lien, unitranche, mezzanine and other subordinated debt instruments.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Benay was an attorney at an international law firm where her practice focused on corporate and real estate finance.
- Named to "Top 22 in 2022: Women in Leveraged Finance,” Kayo Conference Series, 2022
- Kayo Southeast Women’s Finance Forum, Moderator, October 2021
- Credit Agreements, January 2017
- Introduction to Commercial Lending and Leveraged Finance Transactions, October 2015
- Inaugural Symposium on Careers in Corporate/Finance Law Panel, Georgetown Law, April 2015