Our Brussels office is one of nine European offices. In addition to being Belgium’s capital and its largest city, Brussels is the political and administrative center of the European Union (EU). Our team is multilingual, qualified in several jurisdictions, and brings together significant international experience.
Our EU Policy and Regulatory team assists clients in four areas of activity:
- EU and Member State competition law, including merger clearances, distribution, e-commerce, cartels, abuse of dominance, and state aid.
- International trade laws, including market access, World Trade Organization (WTO), bilateral trade agreements, trade defense instruments, export controls, and trade sanctions.
- Internal market and EU regulatory rules in several sectors, with a particular emphasis on the transport and travel sector.
- Policy and advocacy in a variety of sectors, including financial services, digital services, international trade, transportation, fashion and luxury, and other sectors.
Our team advises international clients on both current and upcoming EU legislation, including advocacy and interaction with the authorities. We regularly represent clients before the European institutions and national authorities.
Our transactional team advises on a wide range of corporate matters, commercial transactions, banking and finance transactions, and related litigation. Our experience covers mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and commercial contracts including distribution. On the finance side, our team advises financial institutions on acquisition and real estate finance, structured finance, security packages, and regulatory and general banking law. Our transactional team also has extensive experience representing companies in complex national and international commercial litigation and arbitration cases. Our team advises both on domestic and cross-border transactions.
- The 2023 Chambers Europe guide recognized the firm’s lawyers among leaders in Germany in the areas of Transportation: Rail & Aviation Finance.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 edition has ranked the firm among leaders in Belgium in the areas of Competition: EU and Global, Customs, Trade, WTO, and Anti-dumping, and Commercial, Corporate, and Mergers and Acquisitions.