Daniel St George is a commercial litigator with more than 21 years' experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. He has acted for a large range of clients including insurers, financial institutions, ASX listed companies, property developers, residential construction companies, government bodies and small & medium sized enterprises.
Daniel currently focuses on the defense of complex professional negligence claims, including against corporate lawyers in the Supreme and Federal Courts. He also provides advice to policyholders on disputed insurance coverage claims and on the implications of policy wordings.
Daniel focusses on providing strategic and practical advice to his clients and proactively resolving disputes on a commercial basis.
Prior to joining the firm, Daniel has worked in the commercial litigation team at a national law firm based in Sydney as well in smaller boutique law firms.
- Law Society of New South Wales member
- Business Network International participant
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (NSW) events
- NSW Chamber of Commerce events
Daniel has presented seminars on topical legal issues to lawyer and non-lawyer audiences, including business networking events.
- “Informal Communication with Judge’s Chambers: A Professional and Risk Management Issue” [Law Society Journal, June 2016] (co-author with Greg Couston)
- “Informal Wills: The Duty of a Lawyer to Consider, Discuss and Make an Informal Will for a Client” [Law Society Journal, August 2014] (co-author with Greg Couston)
- “Insurance Relationships Revisited” [Mondaq, 1 February 2014] (co-author with Greg Couston).