Duquesne University Small Business Development Center Technology Commercialization Series: Effectively Protecting Intellectual Assets
Are you interested in learning more about how to protect your intellectual property (IP) and the corresponding rights?
The importance grows daily as emerging companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and university spin-outs continue to progress early within the life sciences sector of the company. Our discussion will particularly focus on how to determine if a patent application is an appropriate means of protection for the emerging growth company and how to effectively pursue a patent application.
Emerging companies can get straight to work after understanding the steps needed to apply for patents and continue legally pursuing the companies mission.
Presenters will discuss:
- A general overview of IP and their importance for a start-up
- Comparison and contrast of IP rights
- Patents generally
- Determining when to pursue patent protection
- The patent application process
- Common pitfalls in the patent application process
- Licensing, enforcement, etc.
Duquesne University Small Business Development Center