ESG Insights Webinar Series
ESG Insights | SEC Proposed Climate-Related Disclosures
28 March 2022 | 2:00 - 3:00 P.M. ET
ESG perspectives are constantly evolving, and the SEC is releasing several significant ESG-related rules this year. Companies will have questions about the implications of these rules and what will happen next. K&L Gates wants to be a resource to its clients and contacts as these rules are released, and public companies consider how to prepare.
On 21 March 2022, the SEC released its proposed rules on climate-related disclosures. We will be hosting a webinar to address initial questions on the rule proposal. Some of the topics that we will address include:
- What disclosures are required by the proposed rules, including board and management oversight and governance of climate-related risks?
- Is an attestation report required for climate-related disclosures, including Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions information? If so, for what information and who can provide an attestation report?
- Is there a phase-in period in the proposed rules? If so, when would companies be required to begin providing these climate-related disclosures?
- What will happen next and what can companies do to prepare?
SEC’s Cybersecurity Risk Management and Incident Disclosure Proposed Rules | What Changes Are Proposed?
15 March 2022 | 11:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. ET
On Wednesday, 9 March 2022 the SEC released proposed rules regarding cybersecurity risk management, strategy, governance, and incident disclosure. Companies will have questions about the implications of the proposed rules and how to prepare accordingly. K&L Gates wants to be a resource to our clients and contacts in early days following the release of these proposed rules.
We will be hosting a Q&A style webinar to address your initial questions on the proposed rules. Some of the topics that we will address include:
- Proposed Form 8-K disclosures
- Proposed periodic disclosures
- Proposed disclosures regarding the role of management and the board of directors with respect to cybersecurity policies and oversight
This webinar will be the first in a series of ‘flash’ programs related to Environmental, Social, and Governance issues. ESG perspectives are constantly evolving and the SEC is anticipated to release various proposed rules this year. As additional rules related to climate change, human capital management, and corporate board diversity are released, we will host additional ‘flash’ webinars to answer your most pressing questions.