Edward Yao is counsel in the firm's Beijing office. His practice includes various intellectual property-related matters as well as dispute resolution.
He focuses his practice on IP creation, protection, and enforcement, anti-counterfeiting, litigation, dispute resolution, and licensing programs in China. He specializes in developing and implementing comprehensive and effective IP strategies for multinational corporations.
He has represented some of the world’s most famous brands (including the Top 10 brands) in a broad range of industries, including but not limited to technology, financial services, wine, education, clothing and luxury goods, pharmaceutical, hospitality, food, and restaurant services. He handled a number of high-profile cases in China, including obtaining the title of a well-known trademark.
Prior to joining the firm, Edward was an attorney at law and head of the trademark group at a Chinese law firm based in Beijing. In addition, he was a lawyer and trademark attorney at two Chinese law firms. Edward was also an intern for the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China.
- Rising Star, Intellectual Property: Foreign Firms: China, Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Lawyer License Certificate
- Legal Qualification Certificate
- "How to Enforce Intellectual Property Rights in China," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, 34 (3), March 2022
- Border Patrol, Ragtrader, June 2019
- “Risks prevention of trademark license in China,” Asian Legal Business, December 2014
- “Anti-dilution strategy of brand for famous brand owner,” China Business Law Journal, July 2014