In 1996, K&L Gates opened our first Asia-based office in Hong Kong to support our technology clients with domestic and cross-border matters. Since then, we have become a full-service Hong Kong law firm, expanding our offerings to serve clients across all major industries in Greater China and regionally.
Our lawyers in Hong Kong advise on complex cross-border transactional, regulatory, and contentious matters. They have trained in a variety of jurisdictions in addition to Hong Kong, including the United States, England, the People’s Republic of China, and Australia, and are fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese. Their capabilities are bolstered by our lawyers across the Asia-Pacific and globally.
We are particularly adept at assisting global corporations, capital markets participants, investment and private equity funds, emerging growth companies, and entrepreneurs, operating across the banking, construction, energy, engineering, finance, financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, medical devices, technology, telecommunications, and transportation sectors. We also represent public sector entities, educational institutions, and philanthropic organizations and individuals.
- Antitrust, Competition, and Trade Regulation
- Banking and Finance
- Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources
- Environment and Planning
- Equity Capital Markets
- Financial Services
- Intellectual Property (IP) Dispute Resolution (including section 337 proceedings)
- IP Procurement and Portfolio Management
- Investment Management, Hedge Funds, and Alternative Investments
- Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution (domestic and international arbitration and mediation)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Privacy, Data Protection, and Information Management
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Estate Investments
- Telecommunications, Media, and Technology
- The 2021 Chambers Asia-Pacific and Global Guides recognized the firm among leaders in China, including Hong Kong, in the area of Corporate/M&A.
- The 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide recognized the firm among leaders in Hong Kong in the areas of Capital Markets (Debt), Corporate/M&A, and Structured Finance.
- The 2021 IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific Guide recognized the firm among leaders in Hong Kong in the areas of Private Equity Funds, Real Estate Funds, Retail Funds, and Capital Markets: Structured Finance and Securitization.