Dr. Johann von Pachelbel is a partner in the firm's Frankfurt office, with a focus on dispute resolution, including international and national arbitration, and court proceedings in the area of domestic and international business law.
Johann acts as counsel and as arbitrator in international and national arbitrations. He has experience in proceedings under the International Court of Arbitration (ICC), the German Institute of Arbitration (DIS), the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), the Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC), the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), and Swiss Rules, as well under the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes Convention (ICSID).
Johann has extensive experience and regularly advises in the areas of (international) contract, tort, commercial and corporate law (incl. post M&A), distribution and industrial property law, and often related to clients in the energy, mechanical engineering, automotive, packaging, logistics and financial services sectors.
He is recommended in the ranking for Germany Arbitration 2020 by who is who legal 2020.
Johann joined the firm in January 2012. In 1997, he began working for a leading Scandinavian law firm in its Frankfurt, Gothenburg, and Stockholm offices. From 2007 to 2011, he was co-head of its German dispute resolution practice.
- The German Institute of Arbitration (DIS)
- Swedish Arbitration Association (SAA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- The German-Nordic Lawyers’ Association (Deutsch-Nordische Juristenvereinigung)
- Practical Law - Cross-border dispute resolution - Settlement (civil litigation) Q&A Germany update 2019 (by Dr. Johann von Pachelbel and Jan Henke, LL.M., K&L Gates LLP)
- Co-author (with Robin Oldenstam) of the article “Sweden – Chapter 11” in “Practitioner’s Handbook on International Commercial Arbitration” (OUP), Third edition 2019 (edited by Frank-Bernd Weigand and Antje Baumann)
- Co-author (with Robin Oldenstam) of the article “Sweden – Chapter 11” in “Practitioner’s Handbook on International Commercial Arbitration” (OUP), Second edition 2009 (edited by Frank-Bernd Weigand)
- Co-author (with Robin Oldenstam) of the article “Confidentiality in Arbitration – a few reflections and practical notes,” SchiedsVZ 1/2006, p. 31 et seq.