Mr. Hagan practices in the firm’s Pittsburgh office. He concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, with a particular focus on representing policyholders in the manufacturing and utility industries with respect to insurance coverage disputes. He regularly advises clients on insurance coverage for, among other things, environmental property damage, asbestos liability, first party property damage losses, and business interruption. Mr. Hagan has helped clients achieve significant insurance recoveries in coverage disputes through both litigation and negotiation. He has represented policyholders in coverage disputes in several jurisdictions across the country. In addition, Mr. Hagan counsels clients regarding the recovery of insurance proceeds from insurers in schemes of liquidation or rehabilitation.
Mr. Hagan joined K&L Gates in 2005.
- Mr. Hagan sits on the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh. He also has served as a “Big Brother” with that organization.
- Mr. Hagan also serves on the Board of Directors of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Mr. Hagan participated in Leadership Pittsburgh’s Leadership Development Initiative XXII.
- “Bad Faith Claims,” Insurance Coverage Training Series. September 2, 2009
- “Location, Location, Location: Strategic Considerations for Selection of Forum,” Insurance Coverage Training Series. March 13, 2009
- Pennsylvania’s Trigger of Coverage for Continuous Property Damage Liabilities: Confirming the “Continuous Trigger” for Latent Environmental Claims, 53 Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal 103 (Fall 2017).
- “Coverage Options for Employee Asbestos Claims,” 40 Employee Relations Law Journal No. 4, at 9 (Spring 2015).
- “Considerations On Earthquake Coverage in Calif.,” Law360, John M. Hagan and Ngofeen Mputubwele. October 9, 2014.