Jonathan Edel is admitted to practice in Ohio. He is not currently admitted in North Carolina.
Jonathan Edel is an associate in the firm’s Charlotte office. He is a member of the restructuring and insolvency practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan served as an associate at an international law firm where he focused his practice on corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and other matters pertinent to the reorganization of distressed businesses. His experience includes advising clients in matters related to avoidance actions and fiduciary obligations, assisting with and evaluating distressed business transactions, and streamlining general operations. He has represented clients primarily in the energy and manufacturing sectors as well as in the health care arena. He also has represented creditors and financially distressed entities outside of bankruptcy.
- Named to inaugural edition of Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021 - 2022
- Member, American Red Cross Young Professionals Council of Northern Ohio (2019-2020)
- Partner, Playhouse Square (2019-2020)
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (2015-2020)
- Planning Committee Member, William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute (2017)
- Creditors at the Gate: How Good Are Your Indemnities and D&O Insurance?, Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law (June 2020, with Carl Black and Mark Andreini)
- Overview of Limitations on Employee Compensation in Bankruptcy, The Bankruptcy Strategist (December 2019, with Carl Black)
- Note, The Phyrrhic Victory of American Higher Education, 88 Notre Dame L. Rev. 1543 (2013)