Julien de Michele is a partner in the firm’s Paris office. He is a member of the Restructuring and Insolvency practice group. Julien advises, assists, and represents distressed companies their managers or shareholders, investment funds, takeover entrepreneurs, or creditors in the context of amicable out of court proceedings (i.e. ad hoc mandate, credit mediation, conciliation proceedings) as well as in court-driven insolvency proceedings (safeguard proceedings, judicial recovery, and judicial liquidation proceedings) and where liability claims are initiated in connection with insolvency matters (professional or financial liability claims, fraudulent bankruptcy, and other white collar claims related to insolvency proceedings). He also handles corporate and commercial litigation matters, debt collection, and international and EEC litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Julien served as partner in several French and international law firms.
- Ranked in the magazine Décideurs - Leaders League in 2021:
- Category “Mergers & acquisitions - Distressed M&A”: graded 3rd Group “Highly recommended” (2021)
- Category “Restructuring & insolvency - Advising mid-cap companies and their shareholders”: graded 2nd group “Excellent” (2021)
- Category "Restructuring & insolvency - Advising banks and creditors”: graded 2nd group "Excellent" (2021)
- Category " Restructuring & insolvency - LBO transactions in difficulty": graded 2nd group "Excellent" (2021)
- Ranked Band 4 in Legal 500 Paris 2021 for ‘Distressed companies’
- Member of the ARE (« Association for Business Turnaround »)
- Member of INSOL Europe
- Member of the IFPPC (« French Institute of Collective Procedures Practitioners »)
- Member of the Droit & Commerce association