Justin O'Callaghan is a partner in the firm's Real Estate practice. He focuses on transactional work, strategic advice, and asset delivery for projects. He has a particular focus in energy, infrastructure, natural resources, and real estate.
Justin has worked with leading clients in relation to significant projects across sectors, including Powering Sydney’s Future, the Clarke Creek Wind Farm, the Callide Power Station upgrade project, the Kwinana Waste to Energy Plant, APLNG project, Cross River Rail, Airport Link, and Howard Smith Wharves.
He has undertaken executive education with both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School, has been recognised for legal excellence in Best Lawyers Australia™ and Doyles Guide, and has recently been named a finalist by Lawyers Weekly in the 2023 national Partner of the Year awards in construction and infrastructure.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Justin led the construction and infrastructure practice at a national law firm. This experience is augmented by previous roles at leading law firms in both Australia and the UK, as well as working in-house for a tier one contractor.
- Finalist in Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year awards: Construction and Infrastructure (2023)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Australia for Construction / Infrastructure Law (12th edition to present)
- Listed in Doyles Guide as a Leading Front End Construction & Infrastructure Lawyer in Queensland, Recommended (2022)
- Multiple recognitions in the Society of Construction Law Australia, Brooking Prize (2010-2017)
- Board Member, Infrastructure Association of Queensland, 2022 - 2023