K&L Gates Bring Together a Panel of Leading Practitioners to Review the UK Supreme Court Judgment in Halliburton v Chubb
In a highly anticipated judgment, the UK Supreme Court has in dismissing Halliburton’s appeal made a number of findings that are likely to have significant implications for the conduct of International Arbitration. These implications will be most directly felt in England and Wales, and also more widely across the common law world and the international arbitration community generally.
K&L Gates partner Ian Meredith, who acted as counsel to Halliburton in the underlying arbitration proceedings and subsequent court appeals, will review the Supreme Court’s judgment with a panel of experts providing insight and unique perspectives on the judgment from the UK and internationally.
- Lord Grabiner QC and Neil Kitchener QC the English barristers who led the counsel team acting for Halliburton in the English court proceedings, including the Supreme Court appeal
- Paul Stanley QC renowned author on ‘Bermuda Form’ insurance policies, and which was the subject of the Halliburton v Chubb dispute
- Allan Moore from Covington & Burling LLP who acted for BP regarding the relevant Deepwater Horizon incident and a member of the LCIA Court
- Christopher Lau SC who will offer his perspective from Singapore
- Darius Khambata SC who will offer his perspective from India
We encourage you to submit your key concerns and questions in advance of the webinar here, there will also be an opportunity to ask our speakers questions during the webinar.
For questions, please contact Jill Danne.