Lauren Crossett is a partner in the firm’s Pittsburgh office and a member of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation group. She has a broad-based employee benefits and executive compensation practice, and regularly assists clients with general employee benefits matters including regulatory compliance under the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA and health care reform; drafting welfare and retirement plan documents, amendments, and plan summaries; and voluntary compliance matters for plans participating in the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor correction programs. She has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor in plan audits and inquiries. Further, she advises plan fiduciaries on a range of matters, including representing clients in connection with the investment of ERISA plan assets in various investment funds.
Lauren regularly provides employee benefits advice in connection with private equity, mezzanine financing, and strategic merger and acquisition transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren served the Pittsburgh office of a global law firm as a shareholder and co-chair of the firm’s national employee benefits and executive compensation group.
- Named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (2018, 2020, 2021)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Arsenal Family & Children's Center
- Former President and Secretary
- Member, Colgate Alumni Club of Pittsburgh
- Former President
- Presenter, “COVID-19: Legal Updates for Benefit Plan Practitioners,” Louisville Employee Benefits Council, September 2020
- Co-Presenter, “COVID-19 Benefit Plan Guidance,” CTR Payroll, July 2020
- Co-Presenter, “401(k), IRA and SBA Loans under the CARES Act,” Financial Experts Network, April 2020
- Presenter, “Affordable Care Act: Highlights and Recent Developments,” Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership, November 2013
- Presenter, “The Time is Now–Preparing for Implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” March 2013