Mallory Cooney is an associate in the complex commercial litigation practice. Mallory represents businesses in litigation and disputes at the trial and appellate levels. Her experience includes labor and employment law, product liability, real estate litigation, creditors' rights, bankruptcy, shareholder rights, toxic tort, and mortgage lending and servicing matters. Mallory has taken key roles in many components of civil litigation, such as authoring pleadings and motions, drafting and reviewing discovery, taking and defending depositions, facilitating settlement negotiations and mediations, and advocating for clients in the court room.
Mallory is also actively involved in pro bono engagements and currently serves on the team supporting the Cyber Civil Rights Legal Project, a global K&L Gates pro bono project providing legal services to victims of nonconsensual pornography (i.e., “revenge porn”) when their sexually explicit images are distributed and displayed online without consent.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Mallory served as a legal intern at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Criminal Division, in Manhattan, and as a clinical intern in a felony trial bureau the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
Mallory was a summer associate in the Miami office of K&L Gates in 2015.
- 2020 Leaders in the Law Honoree - Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- 2020 Lynn Futch Rising Star Award - Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (MDFAWL) - Chair of the Social Media and Historian Committees (2019-2020)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Merit Scholar
- Speaker, “Crisis Management: Cyber incident Response,” South Florida Manufacturers Association (SFMA), 19 May 2021
- “Hollywood Has Shined a Spotlight on Sexual Harassment: Now What?” Daily Business Review, 13 November 2017