Mallory Cooney is an associate in the complex commercial litigation practice. Mallory represents businesses in litigation and disputes at the trial and appellate levels, and assists clients with investigations and enforcement. Mallory advises and represents public companies and various entities in complex litigation matters before federal and state courts throughout the United States. Mallory takes key roles in many components of civil litigation, such as authoring pleadings and motions, drafting and reviewing discovery, taking and defending depositions, facilitating settlement negotiations and mediations, and advocating for clients in the courtroom.
Mallory is also actively involved in pro bono engagements, including advocating for victims of human trafficking, drafting amicus briefs in death penalty appeals across the country, and serving on the team supporting the Cyber Civil Rights Legal Project, a global K&L Gates pro bono project providing legal services to victims of nonconsensual pornography (i.e., “revenge porn”) when their sexually explicit images are distributed and displayed online without consent.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Mallory served as a legal intern at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Criminal Division, in Manhattan, and as a clinical intern in a felony trial bureau the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
Mallory was a summer associate in the Miami office of K&L Gates in 2015.
- Recognized in Miami's Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list (2022)
- Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (MDFAWL) - Member of the Board of Directors (2021-present) Chair of the Public Relations Committee (2019-present)
- 2022 NAWL Rising Award - National Association of Women Lawyers
- 2022 Judge Amy Karan President’s Award - Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- 2020 Leaders in the Law Honoree - Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- 2020 Lynn Futch Rising Star Award - Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Merit Scholar
- Speaker, “Crisis Management: Cyber incident Response,” South Florida Manufacturers Association (SFMA), 19 May 2021
- “Hollywood Has Shined a Spotlight on Sexual Harassment: Now What?” Daily Business Review, 13 November 2017