Marion Baumann is counsel at K&L Gates and a member of the public procurement and antitrust law practice groups. She advises on public procurement law, European and antitrust law as well as public commercial law. Primarily, she assists bidders and clients in complex procurement procedures and infrastructure projects.
In addition, Marion provides comprehensive advice on antitrust law, including the structuring of distribution systems, the drafting of research and development and technology transfer agreements and for antitrust compliance. She also advises and assists clients in merger control registration proceedings.
Marion joined the firm in November 2008. After passing her First State Exam in 2006 at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, she also passed her Second State Exam 2008 in Munich. In 2018, she obtained her accreditation as a “Specialist Lawyer for Public Procurement Law” (Fachanwältin für Vergaberecht).
- Speaker in the public procurement law module of the master program “Real Estate” JurGrad at university of Münster (March 2019)
- Speaker in the training program of DeutscheAnwaltAkademie for specialist lawyers for public procurement law (December 2018)
- Speaker in the training program of DeutscheAnwaltAkademie regarding “Reasons for exclusion, exclusion from calls to tender and self-cleaning” (November 2017)
- Took part as speaker in the further education course “Qualification as a funds manager for companies” (Qualifizierung zum Fördermittel-Manager für Unternehmen) by Emcra (2012-2014) – Public tendering: opportunities and pitfalls from the bidder’s point of view
- In-house workshops on procurement law for companies, recently for an international telecommunications company
- In-house workshops on antitrust law for companies, recently for an online company
- “Ascertainment of the legal requirements for self-cleaning under public procurement law,” Comment on the ECJ's decision of 24 October 2018 (Case No. C-124/17), NZBau 2019, p. 565 et seq., together with Helene Gerhardt (German article)
- “Admissibility and Contestability of a Tendering Exclusion,” NZBau 2016, p. 678 et seq., together with Dr. Annette-Mutschler-Siebert (German article)
- “juris practice commentary for public procurement law,” Heiermann/Summa/Zeiss (editors), 5. edition 2016 (co-author)
- „BeckOK Vergaberecht,” online commentary on procurement law, Beck-online 2016 (co-author)