Matthew Cridland is a Sydney based indirect tax lawyer. He advises clients in relation to all indirect taxes, including goods and services tax (GST), stamp duty, land tax, payroll tax, wine equalisation tax (WET), luxury car tax (LCT), customs duty and excise.
With respect to clients and sectors, his areas of experience include: real property, financial services, corporate mergers and acquisitions, energy and resources, public private partnerships (PPPs) and infrastructure, telecommunications, retail, insolvency and restructuring, and inbound intangible supplies. He also has experience advising both Federal and State Government agencies.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Matthew worked at an international law firm where he was the Head of the GST and Customs Duty (Australia).
- Finalist for the Tax Institute's Tax Adviser of the Year Awards, 2020
- Chambers Asia Pacific, ranked individual in Tax - Australia (2019-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Tax Law (2017-present)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a Leading Tax Lawyer (Recommended) (2018-present)
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax Institute (Australia)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Property Council of Australia (GST committee)