Mr. Nelson practices in the area of complex commercial litigation, with a focus on commercial disputes, insurance coverage and consumer class action defense. Since he joined the firm in 1996, Mr. Nelson has represented clients in a variety of Uniform Commercial Code disputes, as well as contract actions and claims alleging business torts. Mr. Nelson has also represented policyholders in litigation over coverage for environmental and toxic tort liabilities and has worked to secure coverage in connection with mass tort bankruptcies. Mr. Nelson also represents manufacturers in the defense of consumer class action lawsuits and has significant experience representing clients in mediations and arbitrations, including NYSE, NASD and FINRA arbitrations.
- American Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- University of Pittsburgh Law Alumni Association Board of Governors (President-Elect)
- Woodland Hills Aquatic Team Board of Directors (Vice President)
- Speaker, LITIGATING, SETTLING & MANAGING ASBESTOS CLAIMS CONFERENCE, Preparing for the Onslaught of Silica Litigation, June 2006
- Speaker, NATIONAL SILICA CONFERENCE, Insurance Coverage for Silica Liabilities, September 2004