Nick Nichola is the former regional managing partner, Australia for K&L Gates who stepped aside from that role at the end of his current term on 30 June 2023. In that role, he oversaw K&L Gates' entry, consolidation and expansion into the Australian legal market.
Nick was previously Managing Partner of the Australian national firm Middletons from 2005 - 2012, during which time he guided the firm through strong growth in the Australian market. Nick's focus remains on ensuring quality service is provided to clients across the Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney offices, as well as connecting clients with the resources of the firm's extensive global platform.
Nick previously practiced in corporate and commercial law and advised some of Australia's leading organisations across a range of industries with a particular focus on the telecommunications sector.
- Harvard Business School course "Leading Professional Service Firms," 2011
- AmCham Victorian Council of Governors
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency, Pay Equity Ambassador
- "Law firm leaders reflect on lessons learned from COVID-19," Lawyerly, 3 June 2020
- "75% of K&L Gates’ new Australian partners are women who work part-time," Australasian Lawyer, 26 February 2020
- "What’s important is to have people within the firm who understand that the really critical thing is how they behave as human beings,” Law Management Hub, 22 March 2018
- "If we build it, will the clients come?," Lawyers Weekly, 5 April 2013
- K&L Gates’ Managing Partner Nick Nichola: Leading in a Changing Economy, Thomas Reuters, 7 February 2023
- K&L Gates head on the last decade’s biggest changes and challenges, LawyersWeekly.com.au, 11 April 2023
- War for legal talent fires up in the 'engine room', Australian Financial Review, 6 July 2023