Nick Nichola is managing partner, Australia for K&L Gates. He was previously managing partner of the Australian national firm Middletons from 2005 - 2012, during which time he guided the firm through strong growth in the Australian market. Nick's focus remains on ensuring quality service is provided to clients across the Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney offices, as well as connecting clients with the resources of the firm's extensive global platform.
Nick previously practised in corporate and commercial law and advised some of Australia's leading organisations across a range of industries with a particular focus on the telecommunications sector.
- Harvard Business School course "Leading Professional Service Firms," 2011
- Vice Chair, AmCham Victorian Council of Governors
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency, Pay Equity Ambassador
- "Law firm leaders reflect on lessons learned from COVID-19," Lawyerly, 3 June 2020
- "75% of K&L Gates’ new Australian partners are women who work part-time," Australasian Lawyer, 26 February 2020
- "What’s important is to have people within the firm who understand that the really critical thing is how they behave as human beings,” Law Management Hub, 22 March 2018
- "If we build it, will the clients come?," Lawyers Weekly, 5 April 2013
- K&L Gates’ Managing Partner Nick Nichola: Leading in a Changing Economy, Thomas Reuters, 7 February 2023