Mr. Richardson practices transactional real estate law. His practice is concentrated on real estate development (industrial facilities, office, distribution/logistics, healthcare, university and retail projects), including land acquisition, zoning and land development approvals, and utility, roadway and other infrastructure development. He handles office and industrial leasing for a variety of tenant and landlord clients, including national leasing programs for corporate tenants, and is responsible for the Firm’s global office lease portfolio. He represents owners and developers in connection with the development, acquisition and financing of power generation facilities and natural gas production and processing facilities. Mr. Richardson represents borrowers and lenders in a variety of real estate financing transactions, with an emphasis on project development. He serves as a practice group coordinator for the firm’s Real Estate Investment, Development and Finance Practice Group, is a member of the Firm’s opinion committee and is a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP).
Mr. Richardson has been with K&L Gates since 1986, and has been a partner since 1995.
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2012-2021
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Real Property Section)
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Fellow
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of NAIOP – Education Committee and former member of Board of Directors
- Leadership Pittsburgh XIX
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- “Tech Companies, Their Real Estate Needs and Their Impact on the Region”. NAIOP Pittsburgh Educational Program, August 18, 2016
- “Carnegie Mellon University and University of Pittsburgh Master Plan Updates”, NAIOP Pittsburgh Educational Program, August 11, 2014
- “Transforming Downtown - the Opportunities and Challenges of Adaptive Reuse”, NAIOP Pittsburgh Educational Program, July 18, 2013
- “Marcellus Shale Update”, NAIOP Pittsburgh Educational Program, September 20, 2013
- “Midstream Operations : Navigating Municipal Regulation”, K&L Gates Fifth Annual Appalachian Basin Oil & Gas Seminar, April 27, 2012 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Worldwide Corporate Real Estate Trends”, International Tenant Representation Alliance Spring 2012 Symposium, March 30, 2012 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Understanding Easements”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Seminar, June 24, 2010 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Leasehold and Fixture Financing, Landlord Waivers and Subordinations – How to Get What You Want and Get What They Need”, ICSC Annual Law Conference, October 26, 2007 (Phoenix, AZ)