We provide a unique solution for each client we serve. We counsel individuals and families throughout their lifetimes as their circumstances, wealth, and needs change. Conscientious tax planning provides a framework that supports and informs the personal side of each client’s estate plan. We learn what matters to a client and tailor our advice accordingly.
We are unique because we offer a wide range of personalized legal services in a global environment. Our lawyers work with multinational families whose members, businesses, and assets span the globe. Our team meets the needs of our clients wherever they happen to live, work, or own assets.
We assist with a wide range of our clients’ personal legal needs, in a sophisticated, comprehensive, and integrated manner. Our private clients’ lawyers are leaders in the community and the legal profession both for their legal acumen and client service. Our integrated platform allows us to draw on the skills of other legal innovators within the firm to provide our clients with the most holistic service possible.
Service offerings include:
- Estate planning: Personalized estate planning with an emphasis on sophisticated lifetime wealth transfer techniques and appropriate tax planning at each generational level
- Estate and trust administration: Counsel to individual and professional fiduciaries of complex estates and trusts regularly involving business succession, multigenerational planning, and cross-border issues
- Estate and trust controversies: A combination of technical knowledge of estate and trusts and litigation skills to assiduously protect our clients’ interests
- Probate, trust, and related fiduciary litigation: Sophisticated defense of disputes arising from all types of fiduciary relationships
- Marital matters: Skillful negotiation of property status agreements in concert with our clients’ estate planning objectives
- Real estate: Integrated analysis of real estate portfolio and world-class support in acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential properties
- Charitable planning and tax-exempt organizations: Detailed counseling to individuals to achieve philanthropic goals and expert counsel to tax-exempt entities related to governance, compliance, and success
- Special purchases: Structured transactions for high-value items to provide optimal liability protection, tax savings, and privacy protection
- Family business planning: Targeted creation and structure of closely held business and investment entities to carry out their long-term goals, including business succession planning