Richard Gray has over 30 years' experience advising lenders, borrowers and arrangers on secured and unsecured financings of varying levels of complexity.
He is particularly experienced in project and infrastructure finance, asset financings (including aircraft, real property, ports, power stations and airports), debt capital markets (including Euro, U.S., and domestic note issues and programs), lending, securitisation, syndication, swaps and large workouts.
Richard regularly advises clients in transactions involving the property, government, resources, infrastructure, energy, transport, innovation, funds management, hotels and finance industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Richard was a partner at an Australian law firm where he advised on banking and financial services, corporate and commercial and capital markets matters. He has also worked at a Silver Circle firm in a similar capacity.
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Asset Finance Law (2016-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Banking and Finance Law (2016-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Derivatives (2017-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Equipment Finance Law (2015)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Debt Capital Markets (2013-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Financial Institutions (2012-2015)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed for Structured Finance (2012-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, named "Lawyer of the Year" for Financial Institutions in 2013
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association (BFSLA) member
- Law Society of NSW
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
Richard has lectured on banking and finance law topics at the University of New South Wales.