Roberta Chang is a partner in the firm’s Shanghai office. She is a member of the Tax practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Roberta served as a partner at the Shanghai office of an international law firm. Roberta has extensive experience handling tax advisory and controversy work, specifically advising multinational companies on cross-border tax issues in acquisitions and joint ventures, corporate restructurings, financings, and dissolutions. She also advises on specific direct and indirect tax, transfer pricing and compliance matters, as well as on tax considerations in administrative law controversies and appeal cases.
Roberta is adept in navigating complex domestic and international tax laws. She regularly works with clients to develop tax efficient strategies for their investments to and from China and the Asia region. She also works with high net-worth families with respect to international tax and estate planning and with NGOs.
- Ranked Tax: Mainland China-based (International Firms) by Chambers Greater China Region 2022
- Ranked Tax: Foreign firms: China – Next Generation Partner by Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2022
- Rising star: Tax - Roberta Chang (Euromoney Legal Media Group Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2016)
- Rising star: Tax – Roberta Chang (China Law & Practice Awards 2015)
- "K&L Gates adds tax partner in Shanghai," AsianLegalBusiness.com, 14 May 2021
- "Revolving doors: Kennedys expands Down Under while WFW kickstarts Italian practice," LegalBusiness.co.uk, 5 May 2021