Ruth Lecher is an associate at K&L Gates and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation practice group. She focuses on Fine Art and Cultural Property practice.
Ruth Lecher also advises and represents her clients in complex, often multi-jurisdictional litigation and in arbitration matters, with a focus on intellectual property, corporate, and general commercial disputes.
Ruth Lecher joined K&L Gates in January 2022. During her studies, she worked for the German Parliament and for a business law firm in Berlin, focusing on procurement policy and litigation. After her first legal state exam, Ruth Lecher continued her academic career with a doctorate at the Walther Schücking Institute for International Law at the Christian Albrechts University of Kiel in the field of cultural property law and studied art history at the Humboldt University of Berlin. Ruth Lecher completed her legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin, including stages at the Akademie der Künste in Berlin, a law firm specializing in art law in Geneva (Switzerland), and the Berlin office of K&L Gates with the Intellectual Property practice group.
- Study of art history (M.A.), Humboldt University of Berlin
- Just another Art Market Hype – Kryptokunst als Wertanlage?, (Just another Art Market Hype - Crypto Art as an Asset?), Audit Committee Quaterly II/2022, p. 34-36.
- The United Nations Security Council’s Role in Protecting Cultural Heritage during Armed Conflicts, in: Widdig (eds.): Kulturgüterschutz im System der Vereinten Nationen. Eine interdisziplinäre Analyse, Baden-Baden 2021, p. 139-173 (together with Paul Fabel)
- Auf dem Prüfstand der Verwaltungsgerichtsbarkeit: die Einfuhrregelungen des Kulturgutschutzgesetzes. Anmerkung zu VG Karlsruhe, Urteil v. 24.06.2020 – 5 K 7747/18, (On the test bench of administrative jurisdiction: the import regulations of the Cultural Property Protection Act. Comment on VG Karlsruhe, Judgment v. 24.06.2020 - 5 K 7747/18), in: KUR 2020, p.165-168 (together with Dr. Felix M. Michl)
- Art Forgery and the Law: Impressions from the Legal Perspective, Rita Kersting, Petra Mandt (eds.), Russian Avant-Garde in the Museum Ludwig - Original and Fake: Questions, Research, Explanations, Cologne 2020, p. 196-203 (together with Dr. Friederike Gräfin von Brühl)
- VW/Diesel-Musterfeststellungsklage: Darf der vzbv die angemeldeten Verbraucher überstimmen? Und wenn ja: Entspricht das den Vorstellungen des Gesetzgebers?, (VW/Diesel model declaratory action: Is the vzbv allowed to overrule the registered consumers? And if so: Is this in line with the legislator's ideas?), Blog post, April 14, 2020 (together with Dr. Guido Waßmuth)